Thursday, September 09, 2004

4:30 pm Update

Nichole's progressed another 2cm, and the doctor is checking more frequently -- a good sign. The baby still has not moved down much, but Sally, our nurse, says this isn't abnormal and could happen as the dilation increases.


Our birthing room. Yes, that's Nichole on the phone, between contractions.

UPDATE: She moved to 9cm in the last 20 minutes! It may be time very soon!!! The baby is still at -2 station, but at least the dilation we've been waiting for has happened. Doctor Obron says one more centimeter to go, and she is fully effaced, but he did also say that if the baby doesn't change position in the next hour or so, we may have to increase the Pitocin... or even consider a cesarean section. Nichole is starting to get tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Nichole and Emma,
We have been checking all day on the website from the office. It should be soon now!

Elizabeth
leukemia and lymphoma society

Anonymous said...

Nichole and Eric -
Emma is such a lucky girl!! She has the best mommy and daddy in the whole world to love her! And of course the best Aunt too!!! Andrea squealed with delight when I told her that Emma would probably be here today!! I've been saying for days that I want to hold her and talk to her!! Now, it won't be long!! I love you guys!! Love, FSIL