Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A solid night's sleep

Emma slept from about midnight last night to 7:30 this morning without waking up at all! Nichole and I both got more sleep than we've had in quite a while, but Nichole's headache is just as bad as it has been since Sunday and really hasn't improved very much despite the blood patch and the Darvocet/Motrin combination. She still has to lie down flat, and sitting upright causes intense, constant headache. I'm basically handling all the diaper changes, burping, and carrying her since they told Nichole not to do any lifting at all until the headache goes away. Last night I got some laundry done, built the baby swing, sterilized bottles and pumping accessories, managed the dogs, and cleaned up the house. Whew! I also discovered that when you feed a baby three ounces, you better be sure you get a good burp out of it. Otherwise the baby isn't the only one who will need changing. :)


September 15, 2004

1 comment:

Mama Duck said...

Hi there! I just surfed on and am enjoying reading about Emma! My little girl is 10 mos. old and I love remembering how tiny and miraculous she seemed in those first few days! Enjoy the sleeplessness...it will go away and believe it or not...you'll miss "the good old days"! Cheers- www.texasducks.blogspot.com