Saturday, September 18, 2004

Back to the E.R.

We're back in the ER again. Nichole woke up this morning and said her head felt a lot better... And then she walked into the bathroom and noticed that her incision from the C-section was bleeding! It wasn't gushing blood and there was no pain, so we had time to get showered and dressed, but now I'm in the waiting room of the ER at Huron Valley with Emma. She's mostly sleeping, and occasionally wakes up to wiggle a bit and look around. (By the way, this car seat/carrier we bought is terrific -- it snaps into the base in my car or Nichole's, comes loose to turn into a baby carrier, and also can snap into her stroller.) Anyway, we think the doctor will probably either give Nichole new stitches or bandage her up more securely, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put her on an antibiotic to make sure there's no infection. I'll write more later if I have time... Right now, it sounds like Emma is filling her diaper!

No comments: