Monday, August 23, 2004

Long day... but a good one!

Today was sure a long day. The doctors were wondering just how big Emma is getting, so we went this morning for an ultrasound at Huron Valley. They said she probably weighs about 6.75 pounds right now, +/- 15%. Which means she is right on track as far as size and if she comes on the due date should probably weigh somewhere in the 8 pound range. They said everything looks normal. Nichole has been feeling a lot more movement lately, and also some painful cramps occasionally and some occasional contractions (but not regular ones). The doctors all say this is quite normal and to be expected.



After our ultrasound appointment, I went back to work for a while and then we went to meet one of our new (potential) pediatricians. We really liked their office, and it's not too far from home, so I think we may go with them. Apparently they will get a call from the hospital when the baby comes, and one of the doctors from their practice will visit the baby in the hospital to make sure everything is fine.



In the afternoon, we had Nichole's regular doctor visit. The strep bacteriology test was negative, so it's one more thing that has gone perfectly in this pregnancy. Really, Nichole has not had any of the problems so far that other women report.

Lastly, we went to see Sarah McLachlan tonight at the Palace. Emma's still 3 weeks from her due date and she has already been to more concerts than I had gone to see by the time I was 16. Oddly enough, we sat next to a couple who are expecting their baby on September 11. It kind of felt like we were in the "pregnant" section.




Sarah on the big screen at the concert

Tomorrow I have to take Lily, our pug, to the vet. Seems like this is the week for doctor visits!

No comments: