Tomorrow, August 13, is Nichole's Birthday. We've got some special gifts picked out for her and the three of us (Jordan, Abbi, and I) have been working hard on hand-made birthday cards. We even have a present to give to her from Emma! She won't be able to pick out her own gifts for Mommy for a few years, so I figured I might as well pick one out for her now. Emma will probably miss her Mommy's birthday this time around, although with the hospital visit on Wednesday night we weren't too sure.
By the way, did you know that the cesarean section procedure has been around for hundreds -- maybe thousands -- of years? It's amazing what you can find on the Internet. Here is an extensive page about the history of the cesarean section. Even though things have come a long way since the 1500's, we're still grateful that the doctors didn't need to do a cesarean this week. I'm betting there is nothing more depressing than being in the hospital after a cesarean section on your birthday!
Nichole doesn't have any idea yet that this site has been created, so this is going to be part of her gift in addition to the "real" presents. I also figured we would have it done in time to post pictures from the baby shower, pictures of Emma in the hospital, and her first pictures when she comes home. It's been a labor of love for me to give to them both... I hope Nichole likes it, and I hope Emma will be able to read and enjoy it when she is older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment