Wednesday, August 11, 2004

33 Days To Go (plus or minus)

Well, only 33 days to go to our due date... less than 5 weeks! Emma is moving a lot right now (or so I hear) and we're both getting anxious to meet her. We still have a lot of work to do around the house, especially getting my office moved to the basement and Jordan's room cleaned out. We have wayyyy too much stuff, so minimizing that clutter would be great. I wish we could get one of those Clean Sweep-type shows to come do our house!

Nichole seems to be sleeping fitfully -- she gets up constantly -- and as a result I'm not sleeping well either. Maybe it's God's way of making sure we're prepared for many sleepless nights to come. I've been burning the midnight oil as well... partly to make sure I have my work caught up before I take paternity leave, but also I've spent a lot of time polishing this site and the only time I can work on it is after Nichole's fallen asleep. It means I get a lot less sleep than I would like, but I think the results will be worth it!

The kids are a little bummed because they might not be around when the baby is born. I confess we're of two minds about this... it's one less thing to think about if they're not here, but they wouldn't get to have the full experience, or see their little sister on the day she enters the world, or participate in all the craziness. On the other hand I think Nichole and I will need the time alone to bond with the baby, sort out some semblance of a schedule, and not have to worry about much else.

I find myself looking at the 3D ultrasound pictures constantly. It's hard to believe how much detail you can see there. (They are posted in a previous entry, or you can also see them at Eric's other web site along with the heartbeat sound.) I wonder how much Emma will look like her "photos"? I think she already has her mommy's nose.

The baby shower is this coming Sunday at Nichole's mom's house. We're registered at Target, and at Babys 'R' Us. Looks like the shower should be fun... last night we even went on the web to research a game for the shower. More on this later (don't want to spill the beans). I'm going to be playing golf with Joe and Aaron at the Preserve before that, but hopefully I won't miss the whole shower!

No comments: