Back from the cabin tonight. We had a great weekend, but I think some of the hormonal changes and crabbiness that come with being pregnant reared their head this weekend. The kids and I kind of wanted to see the fireworks in both Harrisville and Barton City, but Nichole nixed that idea and we ended up only seeing the Barton City fireworks, which were pretty impressive, especially after the nasty weather we had all day. We were lucky we saw any at all, frankly.
By the time we got to the fireworks, Nichole was pretty cranky. The kids and I finally settled on a place near the side of the road to watch the show go off over Jewel Lake. Nichole stayed in the car... not sure if it was because she was mad at me or (more likely) she was just more comfortable sitting there instead of on the ground. I don't know how she manages to sit in the car for as long as we have had to this weekend, with the trip here and the trip tomorrow going back home. I guess if she can do that, we can all put up with a little crankiness. :)
Emma, if you are reading this, remember... don't push your mom's buttons too far. She's liable to turn that car right around. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment