Sunday, July 22, 2007

Building Emma's playhouse

Not the best photo, but here's the playhouse we are building for Emma in the back yard. So far, we are through step #64 of 99 steps. (And it's obvious they combined some steps to keep the total number under 100.) Still to do: We have to put up the bridge/tunnel, add the swings, and add the slide. So far, it has taken us about 12 hours of work, including 3 hours or more just sorting and labeling parts. We bought it at Sam's Club and they say it should take 16 hours or so for ''two skilled builders'' to put it together. I guess that means it should take us twice as long!



When it's finished it should look roughly like the photos below, taken from the manufacturer's web site. I'll be sure to post some ''real'' photos once we get it completed. I'm hoping to have it finished this week. Thanks to Tom next door and Uncle Dennis for their help. We couldn't have gotten this far without you!



No comments: