Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Hard to say goodbye

Tonight I left for a business trip for a couple of days. In the morning I worked in my office upstairs while Emma napped, and then I fed her and changed her before putting her back down for a second nap, while I packed for the short trip. It's not even three days but I already know it will feel like a lot longer. I took Emma to her Grandma M's in the afternoon, and when I was packing her up in her car seat she was just grinning and giggling and smiling at me. Normally, that's a very good thing and it definitely did make me smile too, but the sad thing is that it was harder to leave her today because of it. I just wanted to hold her and cuddle her and talk to her. She's such a happy baby, and her smile is infectious. I miss her already and can't wait to come home.

No comments: