Saturday, January 03, 2004

We're having a baby!

Oh my gosh... we're pregnant! We had a feeling, and took the EPT test. And it came back positive! OK, so we took TWO pregnancy tests, just to be sure. No matter what they tell you in the ads, you still somehow feel like you need to confirm things. So while we haven't spoken to a doctor yet about this, I think it's probably pretty much a sure thing. We timed the conception based on the ovulation prediction kit (medical science is so amazing) and it seems like we hit the correct window based on what we've read.

Oh yeah, and you'll notice I say we are pregnant, and that we had a feeling, and we took a pregnancy test. OK, for the nitpickers reading this, Nichole is pregnant, Nichole had the feeling, and Nichole took the test. I cannot get pregnant.

Anyway... We took the test just before we were getting ready to go see Les Miserables at the Fox, so we didn't have a lot of time to consider the implications... I think it's going to take a while for this to really sink in. I also have to go to the sales meeting in a couple of days. I'm wondering when I should tell people in my company... don't want to break the news too soon, but yet I don't know if I'll be able to contain my excitement!

The first test didn't have as dark a line as the directions on the box indicated it should have to be perfectlyh accurate, but the second test was digital and said "Pregnant". I don't think you can get more positive than that! :)


Yes, it's positive!

After we calmed down, we made the decision to tell our parents... we just couldn't wait any longer. For fun, we wrapped the actual test strip and testing unit in Christmas wrapping paper and gave it to Nichole's mom, telling her we "found one more Christmas gift we forgot to give you." She actually thought when she opened it that it was a personal electric shaver, and it took her a while to understand that it was a pregnancy test! Both Nichole's mom and her dad were very excited that they are going to be grandparents! My mom and dad were also thrilled.

So far, Nichole hasn't had any morning sickness and isn't showing any other signs of pregnancy, beyond the "lateness" factor and the obviously positive pregnancy test.

No comments: